Category : Baggage
On all destinations, except Fort-de-France, Pointe-à-Pitre, Saint-Martin and Canada the Weight concept (or concept of weight) is applied:
Your luggage is transported for free within a certain weight limit which varies according to the destinations. Beyond this deductible, we will be obliged to ask you for a surcharge per excess kilo.
To consult the authorized franchises on our destinations as well as the amount of the surplus kilo: click here
Any package which does not respect these standards and which would be presented at the registration without prior agreement of the company will be refused.
On Fort-de-France, Pointe-à-Pitre, Saint-Martin, and Canada the “Piece concept” (or concept to the number of pieces of luggage) is applied:
This baggage allowance allows for maximum baggage for maximum overall weight.
To view the number of bags, the maximum weight allowed on these destinations and the amount per kilo of extra luggage: click here
Any package that does not meet these standards and that would be submitted for registration without prior agreement of the Company will be refused.
For babies (0 to 2 years): a 10 kg baggage allowance is granted to our toddlers, regardless of the concept of baggage applicable to your destination. In addition, you can carry his stroller for free.
For students, a specific franchise is granted upon presentation of a valid student card.
Prepare your luggage
In compliance with the safety rules in force in the air transport, we invite you to read carefully our advice to prepare your luggage. Indeed, many packages are not authorized for transport by plane or must respect a specific packaging to be accepted. (Pay particular attention to hidden dangerous goods!).
In addition, the responsibility of the airline is limited in case of loss / theft or damage – additional insurance may sometimes be necessary.
The responsibility of the customer is fully engaged in case of problems on board following the transport in the luggage carried in his name, of hazardous materials not declared at the registration.
Some dangerous goods can be “hidden”:
- Electrically powered devices
- Wheelchair batteries
- Some auto parts
- Diving equipment
- Some medical supplies
- Camping equipment
- Supplies for photography
IMPORTANT: flashlights diving must imperatively be separated from their power sources (batteries, light bulbs, batteries …) and placed in the luggage cabin
The diving bottles are accepted in the hold. They must imperatively be emptied and uncapped. They are part of the baggage allowance.
For more information, for all special cases, do not hesitate to contact us on 0820 042 042.
For reasons of hygiene and safety, a number of goods are absolutely prohibited on board, whether in the cabin or in the hold. Your responsibility is of course engaged if you transport one or more of these hazardous materials, not declared at the registration.
- Explosives: fireworks, Bengal fires, rockets, firecrackers, explosive catch baits, etc.
- Compressed gases, flammable or non-flammable: tear gas, stoves with refill or bottles of butane, gas cartridges, large quantities of aerosols, freon, helium, etc.
- Flammable liquids: oil stoves and refills, paints and thinners, varnishes, automotive lacquers, fuels, motor vehicles whose fuel tank is not completely drained (mopeds, motorcycles, go-carts, lawn mowers, chainsaws, generators), etc.
- Flammable solids: type matches matches, lights barbecue.
- Toxic products: toxic or anesthetic products, pesticides, insecticides, infectious substances or microbial cultures, etc.
- Organic peroxides and oxidants: common household products such as hydrogen peroxide, laundry, detergents, chemicals, liquid or powdered fertilizers (chlorate or nitrate), weed killers, etc.
- Radioactive material : material, products, instruments or devices containing a radioactive material, even if they are deemed to be exempt from regulation.
- Any corrosive products such as batteries, electrolytes, barometers and mercury thermometers, acids, bleach, etc.
- Dangerous goods (various): in the UN classification 9, is the carbo ice, and we transport it yet. On the other hand the passenger must inform the company, and not to exceed 2kg5 max per passenger, packaging allowing the release of carbon dioxide.
If in doubt about the possibility of transporting certain goods (hold and cabin), we invite you to contact us at 0820.042.042.
You want to bring valuable or fragile items
We remind you that your luggage must be locked, tagged inside and out with your name, first name and permanent address.
Attention, the responsibility of the company is not engaged, with regard to the following articles transported in checked baggage:
- Money (cash, credit cards, checkbooks)
- Securities or securities
- Business Papers / Identification Documents
- Keys of car / home
- Valuables (camera, camcorder, PC, laptop, phone, HI-FI equipment, electronic games, electronic diaries, etc.)
- Fragile objects (vases, paintings, etc.)
For these last two categories in particular, we advise you to contract a private insurance guaranteeing this type of articles and protecting you in case of damage or loss.